Search Engine Optimisation...Take the SEO test!
Search Google with search terms you would like to be found with in SEO. You don’t see your site appearing on the first page of the search results? We can help you rank better.
You don’t have a website yet?
If you work with us to design your website, we’ll make sure that when we create it, we optimise it so that it ranks well against the competition on search engines.
Psitt! Paid search and natural search are very different, but together they contribute to the good positioning of your website on search engines.
To learn learn more about paid search and SEM, click here.
What is the difference between search terms and keywords in SEO?
According to Google, a “search term is the exact phrase or term that a customer enters when searching on a search engine”. A keyword is “the term or phrase that Google advertisers associate with a given ad group so that their ads target customers.
ANALYSIS OF YOUR CURRENT SITE:
THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS SEO OPTIMIZATION
Before jumping into a SEO strategy, our team will analyse each page of your current website in about 50 points impacting your Google ranking using several of the most advanced technological software.
We use software such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz, Screaming Frog, KWFinder, Uberggest, Spyfu and many others, such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console, to analyse your traffic history.
« Everybody » uses Google!
ANALYSIS OF YOUR MARKET
At PH DIGITAL, we analyse your market in order to improve the natural referencing of your site.
We deploy our SEO strategies based on your business objectives and the “star” products or services you are known for or want to promote.
Whether your company’s market is locally focused, national or international, we will tailor your site’s content so that your prospects can easily find (and discover) you on search engines.
ANALYSIS OF COMPETITOR SITES
Finally, we will also analyse the sites and pages of your direct, indirect and digital competitors using the best technological software and compare the results with your current pages in order to identify the best opportunities for optimisation according to your current positioning, the traffic your pages generate, the level of competition and difficulty of the keywords, the content gap, the inbound links and your business objectives
In the light of the results obtained with the various analyses, we will prepare a detailed and popularised report that will facilitate your understanding. It will then be easier for you to participate in your SEO campaign, if you wish.
Of course, these results will ultimately be used to create the infrastructure of your SEO strategy, which will allow you to improve the weak points of your site, to create a strategy of improvement and creation of content and to respect the criteria of the Google algorithm.
Optimising a site for SEO is much more than just adding keywords to your pages.
Here are the three main pillars of SEO.
his pillar in SEO touches on all the other elements that are off your website such as
- Creating off-site content for digital properties and contextual pages.
- Creation of Backlinks with various proportions and including the following elements: DR :Domain Rating, UR :URL Rating, Type of Backlinks :Do Follow, UGC, No Follow, Content, With/Without Redirect Chain, Quality of Domains / IPs / Subnets, Quality of article content, Quality of individual links and referring pages, Quality of overall web property links, Links with Contextual / Non-Contextual Content, Indexing rate and number of indexed links, Levels of links between digital properties / domains
- Creation & optimisation of off-site content and anchors
- Development of partnerships that will publish articles with links to your web pages
- Social media mentions with a tag to one of your urls
- Placement in directories and listings with NAP content optimisation
- Guest blogging
- Articles from journalists
Technical SEO is another important pillar in your organic strategy:
- optimising the speed of the site according to several elements
- optimising the mobile version (Mobile Content, AMP, Structured data/Schema markup, Popup)
- ensuring that the site is easily navigable for Google’s crawlers (crawlability);
- indexing the pages (i.e. registering the pages in the search engine databases);
- ensure that there are no dead links (404 errors) or duplicate content.
- correcting of errors and optimise broken links and internal links;
- correcting of XML sitemap errors and URLs that are indexed, excluded or have errors
- ensure the site’s robots.txt file
- ensure there is no duplicate metadata
- increase security and protection
- check for potential cannibalisation (URL, Content, Metadata, Crawler);
- check and optimise the Google Search console
WEB WRITING AND CONTENT CREATION FOR SEO - IN FRENCH AND IN ENGLISH
Without quality and structured content for SEO, it is impossible to aim for a successful natural referencing!
The content of your site must first be :
- of quality, expertise, authority, reliability, relevance and optimised according to a defined tree structure;
- under certain types of content according to the SERP results targeted for the users’ search queries;
- sufficient (too short a content will harm your SEO or put you at a competitive disadvantage);
- clear and with ”calls to action”;
- intelligently distributed on the different pages according to the defined SEO infrastructure;
- impeccably written in the chosen language(s).
Together with you, we will determine the architecture and tree structure of the content and the important pages, the right keywords and content themes, always with a view to optimising organic referencing.
FINDING THE RIGHT KEYWORDS AND THEMES
Each page of your website has its own entity.
So, when choosing search terms and themes, you should proceed one page at a time. For example, a car dealership will not have the same keywords for its new car sales page as for its repair and maintenance service page.
In English, the keywords generally used are composed of 2 or 3 words (example: “best dentist Montreal”). It is our duty to identify those that not only generate the most searches, the most clicks, the most clicks per search (CPS) but also those that generate quality traffic, composed of serious potential customers.
An example of this?
In order to achieve this, it is important to understand the search intent of the potential customer. If, for example, you own a car garage that repairs BMWs in Montreal, you might be tempted to target the keyword “garage”, which generates a lot of searches, since it is a fairly broad term. However, “BMW garage Montreal”, although it has a much lower search volume, will be more profitable for you: it will target more of your prospects’ needs and have a better click-through rate.
What is the competition doing?
In our keyword and topic selection strategy, our agency of SEO experts and consultants will also look at the keywords used by your competitors. We will look at how they are trying to optimise their SEO to ultimately differentiate you from them, because your business is unique (and the best in its field, right?).
Is it possible to be punished by Google?
Yes, and the consequences can be devastating for a business. At PH DIGITAL, we strictly follow Google’s best practices for natural referencing. Because Google can dramatically lower the position of a site that uses non-recommended practices that are considered suspicious (also called Black Hat SEO or spamdexing).
FOCUS ON LINK BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT (BACKLINKS)
Ready to climb to the top of Google’s search results, your website will now only need to be visited by a number of prospects… and to be cited by other sites! This is because Google considers that if other reliable, highly visited and domain authority (DA) websites have links to yours (these are called backlinks), it deserves to rise higher in the search results.
This is why part of the SEO strategy is link acquisition (or link building). For this to be effective, the links acquired must be of good quality. For example, it is better to have a single incoming link from a site like La Presse than to have many links originating from little-known sites with low domain authority.
To achieve this, several techniques can be used. Developing partnerships, mentions on social networks, placement in directories, guest blogging (a blog that calls on an expert to write an article), and an article by a journalist on an editorial platform are all options.
To further increase your web presence, you can also turn to tailoring content to get as many prospects as possible according to search intent:
- to find out about a topic in general (example: search for “back pain”);
- to find out about a specific product or service (example: search for “how physiotherapy can treat back pain”);
- take an action to purchase that product or service (example: search for “best physiotherapist in Montreal”).
This can be done by reviewing existing content or creating new content, such as blogs and ebooks (either on your site or on another site). With a good content strategy, you will be able to improve your SEO, reach a wider target audience and even exploit new keywords.
What is local SEO?
Did you know that...
Local goods and services businesses such as garages, restaurants, medical clinics, plumbers, exterminators, locksmiths, etc. can and should adjust their site and content to maximize visibility to their local customers. Google and other search engines determine if the search intent is local or not and adjust the information they display accordingly.
When a user specifies the location for which they want results (e.g., Montreal lawyer or garage near me), the search engine will determine what information it should display. Often when a search is considered local, Google will display the Google 3 pack or also known as the Google - Local 3 pack which is simply a map at the top of the page that displays 3 businesses in the targeted local area.
At PH Digital we make sure to do a local audit and show Google that your business deserves to be displayed in the top search results in your primary local area, the one that brings you 80% or more of your revenue. For provincial, national or international SEO strategies, other elements are analysed and prioritised in the optimisation actions. Particular attention is paid to the SERP results by city, province, country and continent as well as the on and off-site content of digital competitors positioning themselves in the targeted territories.
The services of our SEO agency in natural referencing (search engine optimization) :
When you entrust us with your organic search engine optimization, we put in place a strategic plan and a detailed roadmap of SEO actions that will include a short, medium and long term perspective. The specific actions of each element of the SEO strategy will be addressed under each of the 9 phases in order of the possible optimization elements that we will deploy, depending on the investment amounts and the period defined in this strategic plan.
PHASE 1 - IMPLEMENTATION AND CONFIGURATION OF SOFTWARE AND ANALYSIS TOOLS
Setting up and configuring the software and tools for the analysis of your digital properties according to the organic strategy put forward;
- Google Platforms (Analytics, Search Console, Search Central, My Business, PageSpeed Insights, Rich Results Test, Mobile-Friendly Test, Keyword Planner, Trends, Data Studio)
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider & Deep Crawl
- GTmetrix, Pingdom, Dareboost, Keycdn Speed Test, Dotcom-Monitor, Yslow
- Mangools Tools (KWFinder, SERPWatcher, SERPChecker, LinkMiner, SiteProfiler)
- SEOquake, Woorank, Wayback Machine, AnswerThePublic
PHASE 4 - COMPREHENSIVE ANALYSIS OF YOUR WEBSITE
We carry out an in-depth analysis of your digital property (website) including several aspects of detailed & exhaustive analysis and study. This analysis will allow the creation of optimization and integration plans (On Site, Technical, Content, Off Site).
PHASE 5 - ON SITE OPTIMIZATION AND INTEGRATION PLAN
We proceed with the creation of an optimization and integration plan for “Metadata”/HTML tags – (On Site).
PHASE 8 - INBOUND LINK OPTIMIZATION PLAN (OFF-SITE)
Link building is the process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to a target site. A hyperlink (usually called́ simply backlinks) is a way for users to navigate between pages on the Internet. Search engines use links to crawl the web; they crawl the links between different pages on your website, and they crawl the links between websites.
PHASE 9 - LOCAL SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION PLAN DIRECTORIES & LISTINGS
Optionally we proceed to the optimization of the information files in the local directories and listings.
The benefits of SEO
Did you know that…
… 70% of the search results that people click on are organic (not paid)?
All the more reason to invest in an SEO strategy!
How about we share some SEO secrets with you so you can do some of the work yourself and save significant money? At PH DIGITAL, we offer you the opportunity to participate in your campaign, with our full support. After all, this is a long-term job that requires continuous supervision. Of course, we will keep an eye on your work and make any necessary improvements.